Tuesday, January 1, 2008

#27 Photobucket

I hadn't used Photobucket before so I was keen to give it a go. I signed up fairly easily (except that there is another Polyxena who had taken my name). Then I got a bit waylaid by playing around with atavars and dressing and redressing them. Are atavars the 21st century version of the cutout dolls of my youth, I wondered?

After playing with the avatar palled, I created an album of photographs about Egypt and loaded up a link to my blog. I did the same with a slideshow I created, and was really impressed by the ease of creating the slideshow and the number of possible formats. Again like with my widgets the sizing does not look perfect and I am not sure how to change it.

One of the things that I like about Flickr is the ability to add favourites and make friends and send messages. If this is possible in Photobucket, it passed me by. I also found the ads very, very intrusive. And then there is the copyright issue. Flickr has made a very clear stand on this with Creative Commons, but with Photobucket it seems to be open slather. I think that I will be staying with Flickr for the present but like many things that I have touched on in Learning 2.0 and Learning 2.1 I know that my knowledge of Photobucket is fairly superficial at this stage.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin