Monday, November 19, 2007

#9 Finding feeds

In this section I reflected a bit upon my previous post about RSS. Yes, I am a convert but I really need to work out how I want to do it. I note that Firefox facilitates the use of Bloglines and I really should be exploring the possibilities of that. I explored the various search tools. Feedster was down for work on the website. I found Topix very US based and newsy though did manage to pull up some articles from the Age so maybe I wasn't giving it much of a chance. Bloglines search and Googleblog were quite accessible. And Technorati actually found this blog, Hecuba's story! I think that my knowledge of RSS feeds is still on a learning curve. Maybe it always will be with the current rate of change in technology and access to information! What an exciting time this is to be a librarian!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin