Friday, November 23, 2007

#14 Getting not so technical with Technorati

I like the idea of a word play on technology and literati! I first came across Technorati in an earlier task in Learning 2.0 and remember being surprised that this very blog was appearing in its search. Duh! I obviously did not realize the focus of Technorati then, nor the comprehensiveness of its coverage. After quite a bit of time playing around with Technorati (including watching a video of two cats talking!), I think that I still have a lot to learn about its potential. I found 11 blogs with Hecuba in the title and lots of photos.

I find the site a bit confusing and feel that I need to spend a bit more time on it. A couple of actions for me relating to Technorati are to go to my photos in Flickr, tag them and see if they appear in the Technorati photos search. I thought I had tagged them, but they don't appear so there must be a glitch somewhere. I also haven't been putting tags on the posts to this blog, so that is another action that I should take both prospectively and retrospectively. Then I can explore what "ping" is all about.

As we have been reflecting in an email exchange at Boroondara this week, this topic, like many of the others, is simply showing me how much my knowledge of Web 2.0 is simply the tip of the iceberg. There is so, so much out there! Some of it I want to know about and I want to learn how to use, whilst I know there are positively millions and even billions of blogs and blogposts on topics that I simply don't want to know about.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin