Sunday, December 30, 2012

#blog12daysxmas Day 5 Flickr Photo A Day Challenge




One of the things that I blogged about last year in the #blog12daysxmas challenge was the Flickr challenges that I was setting myself for the coming year, i.e. 2012. So how have I gone with them?  I signed myself up to contribute to two different challenges and in some cases was participating for more than one Flickr user.

The first challenge that I was part of was the 2012 Photo a Day Challenge that is administered by @sarahgb in the UK.  I participated in her 2011 PAD Challenge and was keen to do this one.  Of course, being a leap year it meant that I needed to do 366 photos this year.  Today I posted my 365th photo so I am nearly there! I have really loved doing this every day.  I have found that it really made to look at things around me quite differently and has also provided a good summary of the year 2012 for me to look back on.  Last year on @pollyalida's  suggestion, I made my 2011PAD photos into a Pummelvision video which I loaded on Youtube.  Here is it:



I would love to do the same for 2012 but unfortunately Pummelvision is no more so I will be looking for other options in the New Year.  So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

I certainly loved doing the Flickr PAD in 2011 and 2012.  So I am planning on doing it again in 2013.  Maybe some of my #blog12daysxmas colleagues would like to join up?  It is a great exercise.  My friend Sarah is bowing out this year after three years worth of PAD and has handed the mantle over to me to continue.  I have set up a Flickr 2013 Photo a Day Challenge at www.flickr.com/groups/2013pad/ so just head over there and join up for the fun.  I was amazed when I did a search how many photo a day groups there are on Flickr!  But this is my one:) It has my Loupe dove (again inspired by @pollyalida) as the avatar.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin