Sunday, November 25, 2007

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts

Topic #21 is Podcasts, Smodcasts. I took a look at the suggested podcast directories, They all seemed pretty straightforward to use. I have been listening to podcasts for a while but hadn't subscribed to any properly. So I went to the ABC site and got some of them linked to my Bloglines account, The Health Report, At the Movies and Mornings with Margaret Throsby. It was as simple as that! Now I will get them fed to me and not have to go hunting for them if I remember! This was another Duh! experience for me.

In terms of libraries, I think there is huge potential for the use of podcasts and have been saying so for some time, so that Boroondara staff think I'm a broken record. Aside from providing links to podcasts from other sites and people, we can use them e.g. for our Chinese storytime so that this is available to the world 24/7, or for other programs such as booktalks. In terms of local history, we could use them to provide oral history over the web, for providing podcasts of talks, for giving informational sessions, like Helen Blowers has done in this course, but on a local history topic like where to get started on how to trace your house - these could be for staff and the public. So there is lots of food for thought here.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin